The end result was so good! I used a 7 Grain bread and dipped it in the pudla batter and then pan fried it on medium-low for about 4 minutes on each side. The bread stayed quite crispy. It was so comforting and filling. I'll be making this all the time now!
Basic pudla batter used here:
- 1 cup besan (AKA gram flour/chickpea flour found at any Indian store)
- Add 3 spoons of plain yogurt and enough water to make a pancake batter consistency
- Add salt, pepper, 1/2 tspn of turmeric and chili powder
- Optional - Add a teaspoon of ajwain (carom seeds)
- Optional - Add in a diced tomato, onion, serrano and 1-2 cloves of garlic