a few days ago i made some whole wheat gnocchi for a late nite supper. i've made it before, but always using regular potato gnocchi in a light sage cream sauce.
this time i got a hold of these whole wheat ones and decided to make it primavera style without the parmagiana-reggiano cheese. for you vegans, just omit the butter and use olive oil instead.
for the sake of time, i used ready made gnocchi and some spring vegetables. the asparagus have been springing up all over the place (excuse the pun) as well as zucchinis.
prep time: 10 min
cook time: 15 min
- 1 package gnocchi
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed & trimmed & cut into large pieces
- 2 zucchinis washed and chopped in large chunks
- 4 sun dried tomatoes diced small or 2 large ripe tomatoes chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbpsn butter
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- italian seasoning to taste
- crushed red pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- put a pot of water to boil & prepare according to package instructions, keep aside
- in the same boiling water, add asparagus for 2 min, strain and keep aside
- in a saute pan, heat the butter & olive oil
- add garlic and stir for 1 minute
- add tomatoes, stir for 2 minutes
- add asparagus and zucchini, saute for 3 min
- add italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and salt
- add gnocchi and heat thru
- serve with baby greens and garlic bread
Listening to: one of my favorite songs that was released a month before halloween which is also my favorite holiday ever...'gravedigger' by dave matthews from his first solo album, Some Devil, (2003).