i know i haven't been blogging like i should be, but in my defense, i've been busy with a new hobby - a brand new sewing machine. i've been sewing like crazy. mind you i've only made 1 wearable top so far. my first project was a non-wearable skirt and the other was a non-wearable blouse. i'm really enjoying it and sort of put the blog on the back burner for awhile.
so, like i was saying before, this blog is turning into a breakfast one. so, i present you batata poha minus the batata (potatoes). i know everyone has their own version, but mine is made without potatoes. i really don't care for them all that much so i just leave them out.
i'm not going to give you guys a measured recipe, there are so many blogs who have wonderful exact recipes, but i'll provide the basic method...
- wash the thin poha in cold water and let sit for about 15 min
- heat some oil, add mustard seeds and let pop
- add cumin seeds, hing and curry leaves
- add a chopped red onion and green chillies and cook until transparent
- add the poha, some turmeric and salt - let cook, stirring occasionally for 5 min
- sqeeze some lemon over the top and add chopped cilantro
- serve hot
Here are some beautiful spring flowers from my container garden.